My tiny little Granddaughter is only 9 mos old

and she will not let me put her down, she screams............as soon as I pick her up she puts her little head on my shoulder and the crying and screaming stops.
I am taking care of her night and day for the next 3 weeks and I am thinking maybe it is because she misses her Mom and her home.
What are your thoughts, because I am not a spring chicken any more....the only God send is that she sleeps all night long, so I can rest to be able to keep up with her.

mary056

Asked by mary056 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take advantage of holding her. :) she won't be this small forever. its grandmas job to spoil, right? LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• dont just put her down. try sitting with her on the groung. show her that when you do let her go, its ok, your still there. could be she misses mom and feels insecure. but she needs to learn its ok not to be held all the time. seems she gets scared when shes put down. give it time and love.
    TARA26

Answer by TARA26 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would agree she is missing her mommy. This is her way of ensuring her new caretaker does not leave too. Just hold her. These next few weeks will be a wonderful time together so ignore everything that is not absolutely necessary and just hold her and love her. She will get through it in a few days if you allow her to cling. If you attempt to push her off, it will get worse and last longer.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009