• In the Spotlight:

Do you waste food?

I know personally we waste a lot of food. We always have leftovers and when they get put int he fridge they never get ate. Does anyone else consider yourself wasteful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• same thing here. I feel bad after dinner so I wrap up leftovers for the fridge knowing full well I will be throwing it all away. I hate it. I wish I could choose my own quantities at the store cuz most of the time, it's just tooo much for us to eat!!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We do, but I try not to. We have one set night per week that is "left over night" so most of them are eaten then.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• very, however- what i make my hubby usually eats all of it within 24 hours. but i am personally very wasteful
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I actually don't waste the food that is saved in the refrigerator. I try to use them up for lunch. What bothers me is how much food the kids waste. I try to make their plates in portion of what they will eat, but once it is on their plate, I won't save that. Sometimes I wonder why I bothered to give them anything at all if it wasn't touched? I can't say that my kids make bad food choices, because they like a lot of really good things, but dinner is the time where there is a lot wasted and it does bother me if I think about it.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Unfortunately yes, I am the only one who will eat leftovers in my house except for a very few things that hubby and ds will eat leftover.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We give them to our pets so it's not wasted, really.
    Anonymous

• We usually end up forcing ourselfs to eat the left overs, even though we don't want to....a fresh cooked meal usually just seems alot more appealing.....we do occasionally just throw them away after so long. Alot of times too, I find that the fresh veggies I buy go bad before we eat them, so they become a waste too :(
    usmcmom29

Answer by usmcmom29 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i TOTALLLY am, and i hate it!! i hate leftovers, i almost always refuse to eat them, so they just get thrown away..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009