Are you more of a girl now than when you were younger?

From the time I could walk until I had my first son I was not a girly girl at all. Now I am I want to get manicures and pedicures, I dye my hair and get it cut regularly, I try not to go out without makeup, I dress semi nice even if I am just going to the grocery store. Anyone else like this?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 3:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah. I think the older we get, the more we realize the value of looking put-together, plus, we can afford it! I get $60 haircuts now, something I never would have done a few years ago, but the qualify is just so much better. I also get pedicures and get my eyes/uppe rlip waxed regularly and buy better make-up and soaps. I think I just didn't realize the difference some of these things make to my appearance. I really will spend a lot to make sure my complexion and hair are nice. I'm still pretty cheap about clothes, but I know it's the face/hair/eyebrows that really matter in looking your best!
    Anonymous

• I've gotten a lot more girly since being married.
    In high school I always wore jeans and a T-shirt. No dress tops or anything. Never fixed my hair a different way either.

Now I love high heels, dressy tops, dress pants, blazers (You know the sophisticated look)
    Fixing my hair, tanning etc..
    Anonymous

• heck yes. I was all tom boy when I was younger..now...not so much..now Im heels, handbags, hair do's, mani's/pedi's, tanning, make up and all that happy horse crap
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh, most definitely. I was such a gross tomboy when I was a tween. I went through a "I don't want to shower" phase. I was in some sort of denial about my puberty, I dunno. I wore oversized outfits and sometimes forgot to wear a pad when I was on my period (GROSS I know, but whatever).

Now I have to shower every single day or else I feel nasty. I know the value of a mani/pedi, great haircut, and great pair of heels. I can't always afford those things, but I know that when I can, they make my overall look a lot more feminine ^-^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009