17 Weeks and only a few lbs

Im 17 weeks. I started out at 140 and im 5'6. im not big but i have a curvy figure. I gained three pounds at my 16 weeks doctor app. and I have lost almost a pound since. I do eat A LOT. and i eat normal. (pizza, veggies, fruits, ice cream, steak) Should i be concerned? Would my doctor tell me if he sees im not gaining enough? Anyone else have this, i guess, problem?

SpiffyMom

Asked by SpiffyMom at 9:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if ur doctor is not concerned- i wouldnt be either. after 20 wks is when you really start to gain. good luck with your pregnancy!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 9:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The majority of weight gain will be the last trimester. I only gained about 15 pounds total. No need to be concerned yet.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I wouldn't be concerned! Your doctor will let you kno if you need to start gaining more wait
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I lost a lot more than 1 lb in the beginning with my son, but it caught up to me later!
    MomOfTwo1978

Answer by MomOfTwo1978 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I weighed 107 before preg #1, Lost 7 lbs, and was 121 when I went into labor. It is completely normal to lose or not gain alot in your first trimester.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Until I was about 23-24 weeks my weight was going up and down.
    SAHHotMomma

Answer by SAHHotMomma at 10:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I agree, if your Dr isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. It is typical for me to gain slow in the beginning and then I really pick up toward then end of the 2nd Tri. It's been the same with all 5 of mine.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• just enjoy still fitting into your regular clothes while you can....because in about 6-8 weeks you'll probably start gaining a couple of pounds a week
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Enjoy it!! I envy your body. I always gained the required weight, no more than 34lbs, but I saw it and felt it. It will come on. If you had a lot of morning sickness that happens.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i only gained about 15 lbs my whole pregnancy... you'll get bigger towards the end!! the first 2 trimesters is like nothing, the baby has a growth explosion in the last 3 months
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 12:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2008