What is the deal with people being so rude?!

I am so sick and tired of people these days. It seems like no one has manners at all anymore. I don't see why someone would make plans with me, then just not call to tell me they aren't coming. ITS RUDE PEOPLE! Then days later, call and say, "oh I just didn't feel up to it." That's great, but are your hands broken? Can you use a phone or did you forget? I've had two people do this to me lately because their "boyfriend" called and wanted to do something. How freakin nice. Leave your pregnant friend alone waiting on your stupid butt in town so you can get some. I dare one of them to make plans with me again. I am going to be busy for the next...year. Like no one wants to hang out with the married pregnant woman. So what do you do if this happens to you? Or, are you one of the ones who don't call?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was mortified when I forgot a dinner appointment with a friend. She called and said aren't you supposed to be here? I told her I'd be there as quickly as I could and to get a drink that I'd pay for when I got there. I apologized profusely once I got there, and I also picked up the whole check. Ever since we have each reminded the other when we are to meet whether just us or with our husbands. To casually let a friend sit and wait because you couldn't be bothered to notify her is really thoughtless and rude, and it would make me not make appointments with her in the future.

Answer by Bmat at 4:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hell, I call if I'm going to be even 5 minutes late....I hate it when people don't call.

I tell the offender that a phone call would have been nice.

And the next time they want to make plans..."sorry, I'm busy"
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I know, right? I don't want someone to be waiting on me if I changed plans, so I call!
    Anonymous

• Just think this could be your MIL. She does the same thing to me, she will call and make plans with the boys and then on the day she is supposed to take them out she is MIA. No phone call nothing. Then a couple days later after I have called and left a couple messages she calls me back with some excuse. I swear the woman needs a back brace because she sure does throw that thing out a lot.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yeah my best friend USED to do this to me. Now when I make plans with her I make sure to make plans with somebody else-then on the rare occasion she actually follows through on her words and meets me I forget.....OOPS!
    This sounds immature, but I am tired of people who can't give a call or who make plans and don't intend to follow through with them!
    Anonymous

• I always call to cancel and I'm always on time. I think my biggest pet peeve, social no-no is people who cannot be on time. When I say I want to meet you for lunch at 12:30, I mean 12:30, not 12:40. It is rude and inconsiderate. I think that people see meeting a friend as a relaxed meeting, not like showing up to a job, but I have always thought not valuing others' time is immature and inconsiderate.
    Anonymous

• I try to be the best person & friend I possibly can be.. If I don't show up or Call that means I'm dead!! I value each & every single person I know!! If I'm Ever Lucky enough to spend time with anyone I'm A Happy person & we try to have the Best time Even if its doing Nothing!! I'm sorry this has happened to you! I wouldn't do that!! ( Not Calling or Showing up that is). I hope you meet some Kinder nicer Friends that Treasure you like you should be!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• HAHAHA! I agree Angellinda! And ednakrabapple, my MIL does that to my kids all the time. Its so hateful of her, especially when she builds them up all week then bails to go do something stupid. Its never a good or honest excuse. I will call if I THINK I may be late. LOL. But that's because I know how sucky it is to be sitting somewhere all alone wondering, and if you did call your friend/family, you'd get voicemail. I'd rather disappoint someone by calling and saying, "hey, I'm sick" than leave them there feeling like a tool.
    Anonymous