WHat is the best way to find a reliable, affordable nanny? I will be with the kids, too, but with the arrival of baby number three, I need help!

I have twins who are 17 months old, and I'm expecting another baby in March. I'm afraid I won't be able to balance them all myself. I'm a stay-at-home mom on a fairly tight budget, so I despair that no good help will be within my financial grasp.

twinmama867

Asked by twinmama867 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• What about your church - there may be some nice teenagers to come over and help in the afternoons. Or start a Momma co-op where everyone takes turns?

And WOW.

Best of luck.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Sounds like you need a mommy's helper, and the price is different for the difference in title! I have a family that I have known for a long time. There is a daughter that is 13 and the other that is 16. When I need a little help, and will be home, I ask the 13 yr old to come over. When I will leave the house, I ask the 16 yr old.

There are plenty of resources if you think about it. There are school programs in both high school and colleges (if there is one nearby) They may work for free for school credits, or a small hourly rate. There are church programs that are teaching teenagers to be more responsible, or are looking for extra cash for ministry travel. You can call your local Child care (in My area it is called Child Care of SW FL) and they have a list of names of people that have been "checked out" Also, ask friends and neighbors for referrals. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 3:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• HEY! Scimecamommy!!!!

Cape Coral here - LOVE the Child Care people - it's how we found Bobby Noonan's alllllll those many years ago.....still there w/#2!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You might want to use the people you already know. I hired a young lady that I used to mentor. If you know anyone thats out of work, or may need the extra money that you can trust that might be your best choice. Good luck, I know it's really hard to find someone to help out that you can trust. You might also want to check with the Girl Scouts, I know in my area the Red Cross does traing for certified baby sitters, so perhaps they can refer someone.
    4Girls1truLove

Answer by 4Girls1truLove at 3:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• www.gonannies.com

happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009