Has anyone been to a Fertility Endocrinologist?

I am scheduled to see a fertility endocrinologist in the next month and am wondering what goes on in the first visit. Just wondering, wanting to calm my nerves!

nikkilea1978

Asked by nikkilea1978 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The first visit will probably be just a consultation where your case is discussed with a plan and course of action. The specialist may order additional tests or procedures.

No fear needed. It will be ok.

Just breathe!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think the first appointment I met with a nurse for an indepth interview/medical history, basic height, weight, blood pressure checks, and blood draw for standard tests that they run on everyone. I had a 2nd appointment a couple of days later where I met with the doctor. She went over the blood test results and the records from my OB/GYN. She did a pretty thourough pelvic exam and ultrasound. We discussed what she thought my problem might be, what additional tests we needed to run and various treatment options that we might consider. I asked her a lot of questions and she asked me a lot of questions - I think she was getting a feel for what treatments I might consider and which ones I would not be willing to try. She gave me a lot of brochures about treatments and treatment costs.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009