is preasone good to take for big tonsils

they gave my almost 3 year old preasone for big tonsils i so scared what do i do

SNOOKERDOODLE

Asked by SNOOKERDOODLE at 3:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My dd has the same problem. Her dr. is just keeping an eye on her for now; he also suggested that he would her on prednisone if they become a problem. To me, it is no big deal - if the dr. prescribes it or suggests it, I will do what we are supposed to. I know he told me that he is not too keen on a tonsilectomy, so I guess I would prefer the prednisone route instead of surgery!
    FL_momof2

Answer by FL_momof2 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Give her the medication the doctor is recommending. It's a steroid to help reduce inflammation.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes the steroid will be fine. Just watch giving it to her to often because of the side effects. So if it does not work don't let him give it to her again for 6 months. OUr doc says to much steroids can cause growth probs.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 8:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• The steroid is very good for swollen tonsils. Why are you worried? It's not the same as a muscle builing steroid if that is your concern.
    Prednisone is a very common mediation for children for various illnesses
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009