Camp Schalorships

Hi, I my son is 7yrs old and I'm trying to figure out who to contact regarding schalorships for camp. Last year I was paying $400 a week and as a single parent I cant do it this year. I have contacted the school social worker to help aid in my search, but if anyone else has information about this please HELP! We live in Norwalk CT.

Thanks!!!!

2Hs

Asked by 2Hs at 3:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Call the various camps in your area.
    I know the Y camps have scholarships if you ask about it.
    The girl scout camp here has scholarships if you ask about. I think the Boy Scouts do as well.
    I got lucky last summer we heard that the salvation army has a great summer program monday thru friday 7-3 they served breakfast and lunch and snacks they took the kids on weekly trips my dd loved it. and it cost us nothing. Its a first come first serve. I work from home now but my daughter wants to go she made friends there and I asked if you had to be working they said no just sign up for it when it comes up.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 4:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009