what do you do when your partents wont get along enough to attend things for your children?

My mom and dad have been divorced for 19 years. My mom doesnt mind my dad but my dad hates my mom. I dont want my parents to miss out on things because of my dads stupidness. It makes it really hard to invite them because i know if i invite one the other one wont come.

edwinsmom2008

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• Talk to your dad and tell him to get the hell over it already! act like an adult and grandfather already! 19 years is a LONG time to hold a grudge! If he cant get past it then invite them both but dont expect him to show up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My parents are in the midst of a divorce.Sometimes they treat each other like crap. When I want them to come to birthday parties, christmas parties and other things like that I talk to them first. I tell them what I expect. This is your grandson's day. He wants to see all his family and he wants them to be happy. Please act like you are here for him and not here to hate on each other. He loves his grandparents. All usually goes well.
    Tell them how you feel. Tell them how it affects you and the rest of the family. Tell them what you would like to happen and how they could make that happen. Good luck dear.
    Anonymous

• Tell your parents it's time for them to grow up! They can get along long enough for your children to enjoy their day.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 11:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• invite them both adn if he doesn't show, too bad for him. his pettiness will make him miss out but what the hell? shouldnt he be an adult by now? did he let you tell him to invite into his house/
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008