im gonna ask this again (if you already answered you dont have to again :p)

It seems like my 2 so called best friends want nothing to do with me anymore. It's not because I have a baby because one of them does too. I always see on their myspace pictures of them together and I wasn't even invited. I have been SUCH a good friend to them over the years that it's like a slap in the face. I had to delete my myspace because it depressed me too much. What should I do? They are also my son's Godparents but don't act like it and they never ask about him. I had pretty bad PPD at first but now I'm on prozac and it's better and they know this but I still never get invited anywhere. What should I do I've tried talking to them but they make stupid excuses up.

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 3:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• it is hurtful when this happens. i think u should give it one more try to ask what is wrong & if they gv a reasonable answer, and then they dont include u the next time, move on. and just do it, dont make any excuses 4 yr decision. u dont owe them a reason. dont stress over it. u r much better off 2 have friends that enjoy yr company then ones u hv 2 continually ask y they dont include u. try to meet moms with kids that r the same age as yr own. u automatically hv more in common and r on the same schedule probably. good luck.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Maybe have a b-b-q and invite some of hubby's friends that have kids too, and invite them, and try to get back into the swing of things. People change, and I know it hurts, but if after a couple attempts on your part to hang out with them and they still aren't receptive, then its time to move on.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh I had the same problem but I dont talk to any of them any more.. they didnt wanna hangout wit me cuz I didnt party or do drugs like they did..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 4:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I guess the only thing I can suggest is try n talk to them. I mean, you said they make up excuses and dont want to hang out? Well, call them up and tell them how you feel. Maybe they think you are ignoring them, too. I just had a baby, too and none of my friends have kids. They party without me but I dont really care.
    If this was my situation Id call them up n bitch them out for being so inconsiderate. Thats just me.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Let them go..why do you want to try and make ppl be your friends ect..when they don't include you? Its part of life..especially being grown and having a family of your own. You are going to have friends (even family,sometimes) come in and out of your life. Sometimes ppl assume since you have your family now that you don't have time for them. As far as the god-parents..I know you are young, so are they young as well? Most late teens, early 20's aren't very interested in kids, but rather having a good time. Immaturity I would say, until ppl have there own kids, they don't "get it".
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• one of the girls has a son around my sons age though =/
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• The writing is on the wall that they are not your friends anymore. Friendships come and go as people change and grow apart. You deserve friendship with someone who treats you right and doesn't do things that hurt your feelings. Having a little one should help with meeting new people and making friends who have things in common. Join a playgroup, take the little one to a playground, go to library reading times, or on your own meet people with similar interests through church or volunteer groups or clubs or helping out in the library or museums. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Find new friends. Sounds like high school drama you don't need. Sometimes it's okay to move on and let go of people that we no longer have things in common with and/or don't participate in a mutually caring and respectful relationship.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I actually think life is too short for high school chaos, or friends like that.Screw them,if they are hurting you or ignoring you...then they do not care about you most likely. Forget them,it is not worth the negativity you are feeling. I actually deleted most of the numbers in my phone a few days ago to get rid of fake friends who really are not there for me and what I need in my life. I am a very good friend,so I expect the same.Just meet new people.Join church,play groups,the gym, etc. and meet new people so you are not lonely. Im sorry,I know its hard.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• all my friends did that but it was because i got pregnant and I hung out with all the snobby preppy people so I lost all my friends, but don't really care you learn who your TRUE friends are
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 6:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009