does your husband expect you to do everything?

my husband wants me to go to work, come home take care of the baby, do all of the house hold chores and take care of him.

edwinsmom2008

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• Is he smoking crack? LOL If you work full time outside the home he needs to do some of the work to. Otherwise stay at home and dont work if he wants you to do it all.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• That is not fair at all!Does he work?
    Anonymous

• hell nall! gurl what does he do?
    sweetandpetite1

Answer by sweetandpetite1 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• does he work?
    sweetandpetite1

• That is impossible! I used to be in that situation but now I am a stay at home mom and depending on the kids act during the day it is still hard to get everything done. With you working he should help out some. We got into a routine, which we still do, is when dh gets home he plays with the kids while I get dinner, do dishes and basically clean the kitchen. It is so helpful that the kids aren't underfoot for awhile.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My husband expects me to do an awful lot. If I let him get away with it, he would. I don't let him get away with it though. We meet somewhere in the middle. Either he is trying to push you away or he is just really selfish and maybe can't see how impossible he's being. Have you ever told him this is too much for you to do? Have you ever told him he has to help out more then this? Being religous, divorce is scary for me, but I do believe in seperating and I would do it in a heartbeat in a situation like yours. That's only if he wouldn't listen, though. That's only if he wouldn't take you seriously. Some men don't start taking us women seriously untill we walk out that door.
    Anonymous

• If you have to work all day and he does to, what chores is he going to help you with once he comes home? "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".
    When you see him sit, you sit. When he kicks off his shoes, you do the same. Remind him marriage and parenthood are a partnership. DO NOT let him try to tell you he makes more money either; that doesn't mean he works harder.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 11:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I agree, what kind of drug is he on?
    papai

Answer by papai at 11:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I am now a stay at home mom and my hubby works 6 days a week. I do laundry and house hold chores and watch the kids 6 days a week. During the week we take turns cooking dinner. But on Sundays he keeps the house straightened, takes care of the kids, cooks all three meals, and best of all he lets me sleep in. Was not always like this though, took awhile to get it through his thick skull that I need as much freedom as him.
    wtkgyoung

Answer by wtkgyoung at 9:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008