Any professional dog trainers out there? If so, I have a question for you.

I am thinking of becoming a certified dog trainer. I went online and found a dog training school that sounded reputable. It is called Animal Behavior College. I have been talking to the admissions counselor, and it sounds like a good program. I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with this program, and if it is the right way to go in order to become a trainer.

4boysmom32

Asked by 4boysmom32 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pets

• my cousins are dog handlers.. my actual cousin got her job thru another handler... her now husband.. but she actually didnt go to a school for it.. she went to dog shows, and asked around and before she knew it, she was traveling all over the USA.. her husband has won more awards than anyone I know.. he's won several best in shows... if there is a dog show coming to your area, or call local breeders in your area.. most are listed online ask around.. they will be able to tell you first hand... good luck in your choice
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would not do it online.Some stuff you can learn that way but I think the best way to learn is from another handler.At least if you go w/an online school,still make sure you are working with a trainer jsut for the hands on experience.Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009