Has anyone ever got pregnant while you were on your period?

My husband and I are going to start trying to have another baby in April. Right now I am not on any birth control and we usually use condoms. However I started my period the other day so I told my husband we didn't need to use anything and he didn't need to pull out. I'm not worried that I am pregnant and if I were we would be happy. I know that you are supposed to be able to get pregnant while on your period. But that would mean that you would have to be ovulating while on your period and what are the chances of that. So I wanted to know, Has anyone ever gotten pregnant on your period?

Shannon0622

Asked by Shannon0622 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i never have.. i personally think having sex on your period is nasty.... but yes you can still get prego
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes you can get pregnant. many women do... but that means they are kinda nasty... well but thats only my opinion.. i think its disgusting having sex when you are bleeding :( i dont even like to think about it.

but thats everyones own decision.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• That's how my husband is here.

And no, I still don't know what in the hell possessed my MIL to tell me that. ICK.
    Anonymous

• sex on ur period doesnt make u nasty its a personal choice. ppl have gotten pregnant on their period. u pretty much can get pregnant ANY TIME there is sperm in ur vagina, no matter what
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Guys I know that you can get pregnant on your period. I want to know who HAS gotten pregnant on their period to see how many people it actually happens to. I too agree that having sex on your period is a personal choice. I have been with my husband for 8 years since I was 17. We are very comfortable with each other and I wasnt asking people to judge when and how I have sex with my husband.
    Shannon0622

Answer by Shannon0622 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009