Help for a needy family.

A family I know is in dire need of help with paying an electric bill. there daughter caught a virus and the mother lost her job so the father is the breead winner and is not making enough to cover medical bills housing and utlity bills, they really need some help. they have gone thru the local charities and orginaztions and either they helped what they could or they dont have the funds available and they dont quallify for most programs saying the husband is over the income limit by 200 a month, but that doesnt come close to the amount they need to survive. if anyone knows of anything or anyone who could help please I am begging you for it. Thank you all to have looked and prayed, it means alot.

ToadsMommi

Asked by ToadsMommi at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Sorry I wish I knew!! I know A Needy Family like that too!! Neither makes enough!!! They have Babies & NO one Cares.. They go by Gross income! What you never See.. Don't take in the Fact how high your Mortgages & Must pay Bills Are.... Too many Needy Family's in this country.. & no Help!! I wish Everyone had A n answer &the Reply! Heck I know A Needy. Disabled.Dying Senior Man & NO one will get him glasses, His Surgery, Repair his Broken Walker or Get him any food!! Too much goes on & no one Cares... I guess it all depends on your State! Keep Trying hopefully yuo'll Get them the Help they need!! I wish you & them all The Right Answers & Replies! Sorry I can't Be more Helpful! My Heart Cares!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 4:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You can try wishuponahero. Wish I can help. I am in the same basic boat lol. My dh lost his job in June just got a new job. My fil was laid off for a month. We havent had any income since December and I have a $260 electric bill of my own. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 4:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Really sorry. I wish I could help. My husband lost his job and has recently got one as well. I just had a baby. Luckily, I have a brother who is in Iraq and doesnt need the money he makes so he helped me out.
    Maybe they should file for help based only on her income and not the husband. I don't they could try it that way.
    Anonymous

• If they don't qualify for medic aid then most states have a low cost insurance that will only cover children (through human services). I don't know what state they are in but several states have help for utilities in the winter... here in CO it is called LEAP, do a google search for utility assistance for (name of state). If you need help with this search then pm me with the state and county that you are wanting the information for and I will see what I can come up with. The wish upon a hero is also an excellent suggestion. Good luck to all of you who are dealing with hardships right now.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 7:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Try modestneeds.com and linksoflove.org .St vincent de paul in your area.
    Anonymous