epidural pain

I have two children- one is almost 3, the other is 12 mos old. I had 2 epidurals with my dd and a spinal since the epis did not work, then with my so i just had a spinal. I still get pain in the place when they inserted the spinal/epidural. it has not bothered me in a while, but i was in a hot tub last week and a jet blew right on the spot- and I have been having pain in my lower back ever since, and sometimes feels numb. It is driving me crazy, advil does not help- only heat patches. Anyone else experience this?? Thanks in advance!

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 9:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Health

• I had pain for several years after an epidural with my first delivery. I swore that I'd never have another one! I'm not sure how many years I experienced pain or discomfort in the site, as it was 21 years ago, but it does eventually go away. Just protect it as much as you can, try some Tylenol, & ice it or use a heating pad on it - which ever one helps - or alternate them. It will get better in time. People used to think I was weird for having pain from an epidural after such a long time, so I'm actually relieved to hear that I'm not the only one that has experienced this... just sad that you have to go through it to...
    Blessings!
    KCKmom1986

Answer by KCKmom1986 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would call my doctor and get it checked right away before it gets worse. Sounds like a pinched nerve.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2008