worries..

im 20 weeks pregnant and next week I have the anatomy ultrasound now im starting to worry! what if something is wrong with my baby? I was starting to look at baby stuff but now I can't think of anything but a bunch of what ifs.

any advice?

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 4:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is hard not to worry ( it's a normal reaction that you will get no matter how many babies you have). You have to let go & let God. That means pray & turn it over to HIm. I think you will be fine. Try to find other things to take your mind off of it if you can. Or if you feel comfortable talk to your dr about your concerns. Most dr's can be pretty reassuring @ times like this. Or call your mom or sister- they may be even more reassuring to you since they know you personally. Disheveled gave good advice as well so I'm gonna go with her- "Breath deeply & be thankful that we don't have to wait until the delivery to put our minds at ease". She's right. Remember God is good-All the time. Peace Sista!!!! I'm here for you
    Tamaiiko

Answer by Tamaiiko at 9:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• First thing to do: Relax. Most babies are born fine, remember that. All you can do is take everything in stride right now. What will be, will be. It's not something you have any control over, so take a deep breath, try to calm down and keep optimistic. You'll be fine.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 4:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i know what you mean! its totally normal to worry about all that stuff. my husband was just horrified that our son wouldnt have all his fingers and toes or something but the great relief of that ultrasound revealed that he was a perfectly healthy little being. just breath deeply and be thankful that we dont have to wait till the delivery to put our minds at ease! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009