Need some input on my son..

He's 7 years old and I need to know if he's just going through a funk or what?? He's doing things he knows not to do over and over again and when I ask him what he's supposed to he clearly knows but he keeps doing otherwise I feel like all my hair is going to fall out cause this happens many times a day DAILY now...he's not a bad kid he's just doing dumb things...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• He is probably testing his boundaries. Just remain consistent in your parenting and rules and that will let him know it doesnt matter how much he tests you he wont get a way with things.

Answer by gemgem at 4:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• but he's genuinely remorsful for having done the wrong thing. He means to and wants to do right, but its like he gets freakin lazy or something??

Anonymous

• SS started doing this recently too. He turned 7 in November. I have yet to find a solution, but we are trying essential fatty acid supplements, as recommended by the doctor. We just started them last week, so I don't know yet if they will help.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• HE IS 7 I KNOW THAT AGE MY 7 YO IS THE SAME WAY I PUT HIM IN TIME OUT FOR 7 MIN AND HE HAS TO SIT ON HIS HANDS THE HOLE TIME NO TALKING AND THIS IS EVERY TIME HE IS BEING HIS STUPID SIDE HE WILL LEARN AFTER A FEW TIMES THAT SITTING ON HIS HANDS HURTS AND WILL NOT LIKE IT BUT YOU HAVE TO STAY ON TOP OF HIM THEN YOU CAN TALK TO HIM LIKE A BABY AND TREAT HIM LIKE ONE AND HOPEFULY HE WILL CHANGE
    lovingmomof7

Answer by lovingmomof7 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My daughters are 7 and do that sometimes. I look them in the eye and say 'why did u do that?' sometimes they give me a good reason believe it or not, in their eyes and sometimes they think oh she is serious i had better stop. sometimes nothing seems to work.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009