If the car is running the seat belt is on

That is me and my husband's rule regarding the seat belt. Even if Dad is just running in to grab something real quick and I am in the passenger seat, the seat belt doesn't come off. However, SS's BM lets him take off his seat belt is she isn't in the car, like when she comes to pick up his overnight bag. What is your seat belt rule?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd say that our rule is the same as yours, only I don't consider it to be a "rule" but just what we automatically do! Why does one need to take their seatbelt off for a few minutes while waiting for someone to run in and out? It would never even occur to me to unbuckle! I'm always strapped in on the airplane as well.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Our rule is the same as yours. When the engine shuts off we unbuckle.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well we have a freakn buzzer that wont go off till you put it on.. I never wore one till we got this new car... Now its an every time in the car deal... Plus my son will say "put you seat belt on, you could go flying out the window" .... LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If the car is moving, seatbelts are on. There are times we need to sit in the car and wait, I don't think its necessary to wear a seatbelt then.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• same rule here.

and its the law where we live. not buckled up? 50bucks please! .. but we dont buckle up because we would have to pay if the caught us, we buckle up because we dont want to get hurt.

i heard it many times that people died in a car accident because they USED the seat belt. but on the other hand. my younger brother almost died in a car accident if he wouldnt have used the seat belt. it always depends on how the crash happens. but i would be stupid to take the risk.

safety first! especially for my daughter
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• we only wear them when the car is moving.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My car doesn't move until all seat belts are on.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 4:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I never thought about this my son has no choice but to be strapped into his seat belt. I think that if the car is put into park it might not be such a big deal however if the car is in drive or anything other then park the seat belt needs to stay on.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 4:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Belts buckled unless we say otherwise. If DH forget's to buckle when I'm driving I ask him if he'd like to kiss the windshield! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• They are fastened the whole time you are in a vehicle.
    Another rule....no one opens a door to get out until the vehicle is completely turned off.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2009