Cancer experience?

I have started some tests for colon cancer. I'm pretty level headed about it so far but I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with this disease with me. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• i dont know anybody with colon cancer. But my mother had breast cancer (twice), my grandfather had testicle cancer his wife also had cancer, my other grandfather is suffering from a tumor in his head since years, my uncle had cancer on his spine (not sure what kind of cancer it was though).

but it doesnt matter what kind of cancer someone has. its all terrible and its so hard for the person with the cancer but sometimes i felt like it was even worse for the family.

I hope your tests will be negative. Even if not, then you should be with your family. No matter what the result will be, i hope and wish you will have a family that will love and support you. Most important thing: never give up!

i wish you good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I lost my mom to the dreadful disease, I wished doctors came up with a cure already. It is scary, it is sad, it hurts, it's confusing, and it's overwhelming. My mom was a very strong woman and I thought that with her being so strong she would beat that dreadful disease, but it got the best of her. She wasn't the same woman she was prior to being diagnosed, she couldn't eat like she once did, she was always weak, her beautiful skin was horrible to look at and she was always in pain. I guess in the end she was strong, because while many took morphine to deal with the pain she didn't want pain medication. She died knowing she had cancer all over her body and that nothing would cure it.
    One advise is to always stay possible. If you get bad news from the doctor don't give up. My mom gave up and that is were I finally saw her weakness.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Did they find a polyp..is this how it started???
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My dad had it about 7 years ago and all is well today!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2009