Real mommys?

I have 6 or so mommy friends who seem so useless. I dont know why, but they will not speak anything bad of their child. I try to go to them for advice on sleep training, eating habbits, tantrums. And all I get is "Oh my child would never do that." Im sorry, if 6 out of 6 are saying they have perfect children, something is wrong. So my question is, do you know anyone that acts like their toddler is perfect and never did one bad thing in his/her life? And who do you go to when you really need to talk about how out of control your child can be at times?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes you'll get the opposite! You'll ask for advice on some problem that you're having and she'll say "Oh! You have no idea! My Johnny....." Somehow it's always worse on their side of the fence. No one has suffered as much as they have. Etc. etc.
    (Sorry! Doesn't really answer your question, but that's what I run into!)
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I talk to my mom. My son is only 4 months but he has some major special needs and is colicky etc. My girlfriends all have really good kids and have no idea what its like to listen to your baby scream for 5 hours a day. Both my moms kids were really good babies but she is an early childhood educator and always has new ideas. She has been a MAJOR help to us. Don't hesitate to talk to your mama if she is supportive. Some people really do have children who are low maintenance.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I dont know my toddler is an angel sent from heaven lmao

Answer by gemgem at 4:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have 2 mommy friends, the rest are my wild friends who I live through vicariously ..they party and date different men ect..Anyways, yeah, i can't stand women like that..Most women like to put on a front about their kids, and not point out there flaws..you and i both know that is bs. Look on the bright side, you have CM to get info from.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• LOL gemgem!

Well, so far i dont really have any probs with our DD. (1 1/2 yrs old). She eats good, she sleeps from 7pm - 8am, she doesnt use a pacifier, she sleeps in her own bed (&own room) since she was born, she has NEVER been sick, she never gave us problems when she was teething. She actually is perfect. lol..

BUT.. now she is hitting the age where she starts hitting us all the time, she is getting mad about nothing, when i want to dress her because she wants to go outside she is throwing a fit.. all those little things... lol..

..cont.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• .. cont..

my mommy friends are totally normal. they tell me about their kids and i tell them about our child. I wouldnt dare to say my child is better, neither would they say that about their kids. But i sometimes pick on my best mommy friend when i tell her our daughter sleeps so long.. haha.. then she gives me this: "I hate you!!!"-face.. LOL but its just fun. we appreciate each other. Very good women and mothers.

if i need experienced advice - i will ask my mom.
    m.robertson811

• Oh, I can't relate at all. My sons are absolutely perfect!

Well...except for peeing on the carpet instead of in the potty, fighting me to go to bed, fighting in general with each other, not wanting to pick up their toys, whining about what I made for supper....there's more but I'm exhausted, can't find my glasses and have a feeling the youngest is playing in the bathroom.

I don't have anyone to whom I can speak. My mom is dead and her sisters have written my brother and I off since she died. (not that I would talk to her anyway....not pretty picture) I rely on myself to figure things out. Well, all three of the boys are receiving services so I may toss an idea to their therapists but only if it has to do with speech or OT.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I call my dad or my grandma. Occasionally I'll call my mother and she never fails to remind me why I don't do that. I don't really ask my mommy friends for advice all that much.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 5:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Look for a MOPS group. One of your local churches, usually non-denominational will host it. It is so funny to me how much judgement you will get from outsiders! They are only pretending to be perfect, they are probably miserable at home! LOL! Anyway, I am a mommy of 4, 2 being HFA, and 2 being "normal" and I have been thru a lot. Got a question or need advise ,IM me/ I'll try to help and am ALWAYS real
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 5:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Sorry, I have to say, I'm like your friends.
    And it's not because my children are perfect- I get as frustrated as the next mom, sometimes. But I do not think that they need to be fixed of being children.
    I don't need to control them. I need to control MY reactions to the things I don't like. No, it isn't always easy.
    I generally talk to my mom, or my husband when I'm feeling overwhelmed. I have no trouble asking for help when I need it.
    I also love to call my best friend. When I tell her the frustrating things my kids do it comes out as hysterically funny, and I can't help but laugh with her.. It puts me back in a "be the best mom you can be" perspective, and I approach the next issue with a more level head- and get a more level response from my children.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009