How do you find a good doctor, etc. when you move to a new area?

My daughter lives in the Chesapeake Beach area and went to a gynocologist. Someone recommended another dr. in that practice, but she wasn't seeing anyone new unless they were pregnant. She had a bad experience and won't go back. How does she find a good dr, gynocologist, chiropractor, or dentist?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 4:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• I moved to the town I am in about a month before i got pregnant with my 5th. I already had 4 kids. I asked people I met who the best pediatricians, gynos etc were. I then went and interviewed them and decided if I liked them or not.

Answer by gemgem at 4:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ASK and INTERVIEW!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think word of mouth is the best way to go:) Even if she is standing in line somewhere tell her to ask strangers, most people really enjoy helping people who are new to the area. Or maybe that is just my neck of the woods:)
    Anonymous