SCARED....

I just got back from the doctor and I am having to a c-section. She is breeched!! I am soo scared... any advice?!?! My csection is scheduled for friday!!

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you interested in letting her move or encouraging her to move? You don't HAVE to consent to a cesarean. Your doctor is a surgeon~ you might prefer a normal birth specialist-- breech babies are born vaginally all the time.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It is nothing to worry about..My daughter was also breech at 41 weeks..a little pain when you get the injection in your spine, and some soreness and pain a couple days after, but no worries..I enjoyed mine.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I went to the hospital when I started labor. 36 hours later my doctor told me that an emergency c-section was our best option. I was so scared and nervous. I actually cried the whole time. But everything turned out ok. It turned out that the placenta had started pulling away which caused an extreme amount of bleeding. But I brought my baby home happy and healthy. I hope everything works out for you. Just be strong and always think positive.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my son was breech untill one week before I had him(vaginally) the doc told me to crawl around on my hands and knees bc it helps the baby position correctly which was weird bc he was my first kid. lol. But it worked. and just in time.
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ive known since the beginning of my pregnancy that im having a c-section. i will be having mine in 22 days. recovery will take a little longer than a vaginal delivery and you will be on rest a little while longer but it is plenty of bonding time for you and your LO. there is no reason to be scared at all. one in four babies are born via c-section now-a-days. oh and you will be in the hospital a day or two longer than you would if it were vaginally. it is major surgery but it is done so often that its like second nature to dr.s and they can do it with their eyes close.

just remember everything is different for everyone. recovery may be a breeze for you but a long road for me and vice versa. read up on it on google. reading ahead of time and getting the idea of how everything will go you will start to feel better. and now you know for sure when your LO is coming!
    Anonymous

• i had a csection also. it was extremely scary. but there are lots of people there to help you through it. the epidural wasnt as bad as everyone makes it sound. really it will all be ok. if you feel any pain just let them know, and they will give you some meds for it. afterwards, your gonna be a hurtin unit, but its all worth it!
    abigailsmom922

Answer by abigailsmom922 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't know how much you agree with natural remedies, midwives, etc- but there are methods of rotational positioning. The best way to give your baby an opportunity to turn around is on hands and knees, back end higher than front end. Try to rest on your elbows with a pillow and relax in that position. It allows more room for the baby to move if he or she likes. You can do this several times to encourage the movement for however long you please. It doesn't guarantee the baby will turn- the one client I had who's baby was breech did not find success, but this is what my Mother did with my brother, and he was quick to turn.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Calm down. The medical professionals EXPECT you to be concerned, nervous, and needy. Talk about it and they are there to help you. I was supposed to have a c section and my baby turned at the last minute. I am not trying to give you false hope, only that things can change in a matter of moments and you never know until you get there. At the worst case scenario, you will have pain afterwards but the most rewarding gift, a new baby!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 5:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• UH.... I had a transverse baby, and that External Version is extremely painful and not necessarily will it work. Better to leave those suggestions to the medical professionals.
    Anonymous

• Don't let it scare you! C-Section is not bad at all. You will be a little slow for the first few days, but nothing you won't be able to handle. 3 ibprofen takes care of the discomfort. You'll do ok. Congrats on having your baby!!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009