my sick baby

my 4 month old daughter has had a cold for about 4 days. she has a really bad stuffy nose, coughing, sneezing, and now she is wheezing. she can't eat much because she can't breathe and chokes. she wont sleep any where but her swing because she cant breathe when she lays down. the dr said there is nothing i can do. i have a feeling she is wrong. can any one help me? i hate watching my daughter suffer like this.

JerzisMommy

Asked by JerzisMommy at 3:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went through this too. Annika ended up going to the ER and getting breathing treatments and steroids to help her. If your baby just has a cold though, you can give her warm baths, run a cool mist humidifier, hold her on your lap and pat her back to loosen the mucous, feed her smaller amounts more frequently, use the nasal bulb to suck out the mucous from her nose, and just generally rock and comfort her. Keep her bundled up and warm. If she doesn't improve in a couple of days or suddenly gets worse, don't deny your intuition and take her to the doctor right away!
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• run your shower in till the bathroom is nice and stemey bring your daughter in and sit with her the stem will help with all the congestion keep doing this till she is better
    suger-n-spice

Answer by suger-n-spice at 4:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my son had horrible allergies and what I ended up doing was the saline drops in his nose and then use the suction bulb to help relieve his discomfort
    zaksmom8278

Answer by zaksmom8278 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• there is really nothing they can do when they are so little. saline drops are the best things for colds. my son got his first cold when he was 6 days old. of course he was born in the dead of winter when everyone was sick. I used the saline drops and it helped him tremendously.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 4:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008