Please tell me the name of a good stain remover for clothes.

The best I've found so far is soaking the garment in a pan of water with Oxi Clean for a day, but I'm tired of constantly soaking stuff. Is there a spray or gel or something that really works? I recently bought the Oxi Clean stain spray that is supposed to be really great, but it really isn't. Orange baby food seems to be the worst to come out. What about detergents? Is one really better than others? I haven't found one that really works better, so I just buy liquid Xtra because it seems to be the cheapest and works as well as all others. They all seem the same to me.

flowrchild77

Asked by flowrchild77 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use shout.

Answer by gemgem at 5:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh i dunno Oxy clean works great for my and getting my baby's poo stains out of his clothes...but I haven' t had to do baby food yet.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Shout is okay, but it still doesn't get all my stains out. I did buy some Shout Advanced spray for greasy stains that is excellent because I had thrown away a lot of clothes in the past that had greasy stains set in that I couldn't get out. It's great for that, but it still doesn't get all the baby food stains out!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Also, maybe I'm not doing something right. I was asking my boss what they do, and he said he sprays it on the stains immediately and lets it sit in the hamper until they wash. The directions on most of that stuff says not to let it dry. I only do the wash once a week, so the stains sit there for a week sometimes before I spray on the spray and let it sit the recommended amount of minutes.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Club Soda - it's 'natural' and works like a charm. Dab it on and blot it off..

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 5:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My husband does alot of mechanical stuff so we have lots of grease stains....I use a little bit of Dawn dishsoap and I swear it takes out everything!!
    12crazykids

Answer by 12crazykids at 5:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We use Simple Green on our clothes. I discovered it worked great on formula and baby food stains. Saved a ton of clothes when the kids were little (which I would have discovered it with my first). I spray it on full strength even though it says to mix the concentrate with water. Then I just toss it in the wash without even letting it sit. It usually gets all the stain out in the first wash. If not, I spray and wash again.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I recently found a product called "Carbona" (Stain Devils) They come in different formulas in a little bottle (1.7oz) I bought #5 for fat, grease, & oil. I used it on grease stains (mostly from foods) on some tshirts (that I had already washed and/or treated without getting the stain out). After treating with this product, the shirt was stain free! They have a formula for just about anything. I got mine at Giant Eagle, but I'm sure you can find it just about anywhere.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Spray and wash
    SassyMommyBllck

Answer by SassyMommyBllck at 12:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i use shout and all detergent with stain lifters. the combo works for me. i've especially noticed it more since i bought tide and it doesn't work that great....i have to "reshout". trying to finish that up and then back to my all which is actually cheaper than tide. yes sometimes i have to reshout and wash, but yeah getting to it soon is the key....but i'm bad about it sometimes too.
    mom2kaitlyn

Answer by mom2kaitlyn at 4:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2009