hpt or blood test?

how did you find out you were expecting- hpt or blood test? and how far along were you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I took a hpt and they were neg. then the blood test showed i was 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Well i didn't eather of um! lol I waited 1week after i was supose to have my period and went to a clinic and got a free pregnancy test done. And i was like 6weeks.
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• to the anon poster above- did you feel any different in your body for u to need to be tested
    Anonymous

• Blood test 14 days after egg retrieval. I've never seen what a positive pee stick looks like...lol.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have taken both, during my pregnancies. The most accurate is the blood test. You need to usually be at least a week to 2 weeks pregnant for an hpt to test positive.
    LimeGreenLady

Answer by LimeGreenLady at 9:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I was a week late and i wasnt ever hungry and felt sick. i thought i had the flu but i didnt have a fever. (gross i know) but i threw up a few times, and it was bright yellow and had a acidic taste.
    Anonymous

• its like i feel like i am but an hpt keeps coming up negative. like my lower abdomin and lower back has been hurtin for a little over month and a half. im tired a lot and feel nauseated. i just dont get it
    Anonymous

• Just go to the doc or health clinic. they will tell you for sure and if your not then they will tell you whats wrong. I took two HPT tests the day before i went to the doc.
    Anonymous

• see i went to planned parenthood today and took a urine test, that came back neg. i scheduled an appt to get a check, which is what i originally wanted. i actually wanted a blood test, or at least for them to do a sonogram and see that way, because in my body i feel like i am
    Anonymous

• I did hpt for both of my pregnancies. Both times when I was like a day or two late with my period so around 4 to 5 weeks pregnant.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008