35 weeks.....

Im 35 weeks and about two days ago I have achy, sore muscles around my vaginal area, its not in pai or bothersome but there, very dull. Could this be dialation, should i wait to go to the doc i ahve an appointment next week. I dont know what to expect bc with my first baby the day i felt pains, cramps, and what not he was born. Any idea?

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A dull ache in the vagina is generally a signal that the baby is dropping and putting added pressure down there. The cervix will generally dilate between 1-3 (sometimes even 4) centimeters around a month before your due date from Braxton Hicks contractions or "practice contractions" that prepare the body for true labor.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• omg i had those pains so bad towards the end. i couldnt even stand long enough to shower. but i was told by many moms that it was normal. it was from all the pressure the baby is putting on your vaginal area. i never asked the doctor i guess, i just dealt with it. but i know what you mean it was painful.
    abigailsmom922

Answer by abigailsmom922 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh, Vaginal swelling is also a sign the baby is dropping.
    littlemrsmarcel