can orgasm actully cause ur water to break?? and can ur water leak if ur cervix is closed???

mommyjalomos

Asked by mommyjalomos at 5:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It CAN cause it to break. Doesn't mean it WILL.

I did everything in the book trying to induce labor naturally. No joke.

I ended up getting induced at almost 41 weeks. So, it works for some people, it doesn't for others.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i havent heard of an orgasm breaking water but it can make you contract speeding your pregnancy along.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it can. It was what caused my water to break two weeks from my due date! Haha! That's actually why doctors suggest sex in order to induce labor- not because of the sex itself (even though a husband's semen contains pitocin, the levels are very low) but because an orgasm will cause the uterus to contract and can cause you to go into labor. My orgasm wasn't from sex (my hubby was in A-School for the Navy at the time) but from masturbation, which doctors also tell you to do to help induce labor towards the end.
    If your cervix is closed, the fluid would have a hard time leaking out- but most women tend to be at least 1 cm dilated at the end of their pregnancy, allowing the fluids to leak.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009