Question for Wiccans

My daughter like most little 3 year old girls (she'll be three in March) is OBSESSED with the Disney Princesses. With every princess there has to be an evil force which most of the time are step moms. (I feel sorry for step moms out there.. lol) Anyway, she is particularly obsessed about snow white and loves the witch from snow white- the step mom who turns into an old lady. Today she told me that she would like to be a witch someday, I told her that the examples she looked at were MEAN witches and that there are nice witches too, people that practice other religions and she could choose that someday if she wanted to. She assured me she wanted to be the mean witch. How can I help my daughter to understand better that witches are not all mean and ugly? I want to get away from the stereotype- your advice is appreciated. Thanks!

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 5:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol. i have a niece whose favorite disney characters were always the evil ones. you might be getting a little too complicated? did she say why she wants to be the mean witch?

there are movies/shows with good witches... glenda from wizard of oz, matilda, etc.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• she will grow out of it ,you are putting to much into it remember she is only going to be three just relax okay she will be fine
    allgood715

Answer by allgood715 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm not sure because I'm not wiccan, but I don't think that all wiccan's consider themselves to be witches..
    Anonymous

• My favorite Disney Characters are the evil ones... Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty is my BIG FAV! And I am a HUGE disney fan! I'm also pagan and a witch. I don't think it's a big deal. There are books and even movies out there where the witches are good. Maybe you should look up some of those. Disney's Halloweentown is a good one.

I'll see if I can get you a list of some others... My kids love Mona the Vampire...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009