has anyones baby had to have open heart surgery?

my son is 8 weeks old and might have to have open heart surgery for his vsd the dr said his is in the bottom of the heart in the pumping chambers. has anyone had ti\o have surgery on there baby for this if so can you tell me what to expect. im scared to death

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well no my kids have not had surgery and im sorry for anything you are having to go through. i know its hard to look at it this way but every thing happens for a reason maby one day you will be helping another mom through it.? i will keep you and your baby and fam in my prayers. i hope the best for you God bless you all
    lovingmomof7

Answer by lovingmomof7 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No, but working in peds I know a lot of families that have been through this. I will keep you and your LO in my prayers.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• group hugI have not but a girlfriend of mine, her daughter has. I will keep your family in my prayers and I'm sure everything will be ok.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i need to add my son also has congestive heart failure so i dont know if the surgery would be the same or not
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son had open heart surgery 2 days. He was born with TGA ( transposition of the great arteries) His surgery they went well, he was born having complications so they had a real hard time stabalizing him for the surgery, but it went great. There is a couple groups on here about moms of babies with heart conditions, and such. Check them out, there are a ton of mom's who are willing to share their stories.
    lysa7lou0507

Answer by lysa7lou0507 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009