Bladder infection...or fluid leak?

The past 3 trips to my OB I've had protein in my urine. I've asked him about it and told him i have sharp kidney pains but he just tells me to drink lots of water. I;m drinking about 2-3 20 .oz of water / day but still feel the same. For the last 2-3 weeks I've had to wear large pads everyday and change them at least twice. I am leaking urine i know...but also when i move around or am just laying around even and slightly move, i can feel a trickle that doesnt' feel like urine...I can't tell if it's clear or a lot though b/c the pads have urine on them. I'm concerned b/c I don't know what to do...my doctor seems like he's got too much on his plate and just doesn't want to deal w/this issue...plz help :) by the way i am 31 weeks

petalsoflove

Asked by petalsoflove at 5:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would get a second opinion!!!
    Shannon0622

Answer by Shannon0622 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It sounds like you are leaking amniotic fluid cause thats what happen to me at only 20weeks along. I could be wrong but if i were you i would either call my doc or walk into L&D and ask them to check you cause that's dangerous.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Does your doctor work alone? Isn't there a nurse can see? When I thought I was leaking fluid, a nurse checked me at the office and that was that.

Leaking amniotic fluid puts your baby at risk for infection. If the doctor has too much on his plate, that is his own fault. Your concerns and your baby's health should be pushed by the wayside because of it. If you don't want to be checked by him, I would go to L&D at the hospital and have them check you like someone else suggested.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• thank you...i think i'm gonna go by the hospital whenever i can find a babysitter for my other 2 children
    petalsoflove

Answer by petalsoflove at 6:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It sounds like you have a bladder infection that has spread to your kidneys get a second opinion and fast this could hurt the baby
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• unfortunately you NEED a second opinion. My sister in law had the same symptoms 1 1/2 weeks ago and when she went to the hospital the doctors told her that her placenta had detached and was leaking fluid. if they had not caught it in time her and the baby would have died. The baby was delivered via c section 2 1/2 mths early. he is only 2lbs and 7oz. so I definitely think you should get a second opinion or go to the hospital.
    spidermansmom

Answer by spidermansmom at 6:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I had placenta abruption with my Daughter and now she's 2...so that has worried me since i found out i was preg. with this one...I keep getting more and more convinced that i need to get to the hospital...i hope nothings wrong
    petalsoflove

Answer by petalsoflove at 6:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009