I Need Advice On How To Deal With This

I am a stay at home mom I guess you could say since I only work one day a week. I am trying to make more money for my family by starting my own at home business. I am not real confident with myself though. I am afraid to approach new people, I feel that I am not doing all that I can for my family. My husband carries the major of the household bills load. This does not bother him but it bothers me greatly. Can anyone give me an inexpensive idea as to what I can do for him to show that I really appreciate what he does for us. Another thing that I forgot to mention in that my husband works M-F 6:30am to 4:00pm and then goes to school 3 nights a week. How can I feel better about myself so that I can express that to him.

dawnmitchell

Asked by dawnmitchell at 5:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• You stay home and care for yours and his children 24/7, that should make you feel good in itself! I'm assuming you clean house, laundry etc.... I'm sure he is appreciative about it, some men don't say anything tho, and that can be bothersome! Be thankful that you are able to stay home. There are not a lot of women that can do that these days.
    Can you have the children spend the night anywhere and just have a romantic night just the two of you? Maybe make dinner, (one of his faves) make the night all about catering to him. Give him a nice card that says how much you appreciate him and love him.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• As a SAHM you contribute greatly to the household. If you had to hire someone to do all you do and do it reliably it would cost a lot of money, so you actually save the household quite a bit of money. Your work in the household supports your family just as your husband's work outside of the house supports the family. You are equal partners. Having said all of that, it is a delightful idea of you to show how much you love and appreciate him. What would be nice would be if after the children are in bed to make a special dinner with tablecloth, candles, soft music, you in a pretty outfit, fix his favorite foods. Write a little note for him telling him how much you love him and how much you appreciate all he does.

Answer by Bmat at 6:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• you work one day a week and have the 24/7 job with out pay of being a stay at home mom, i dont know about you but for me when i was a stay at home mom, i was cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, grocery shopping with kiddos and this is no easy thing as any mom knows i think if he is fine with the way things are the only thing you need to work on is your confedence and thats it sweetie you got a good man enjoy it and if you really want to make sure he knows what he does doesnt go unnoticed write him a nie love note :)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 6:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Mama, all his hardwork and your hardwork is going to pay off greatly in the end! I promise! You sound like a very good wife and mother! It is awesome that you want to show appreciation to him, sometimes a nice "thank you, i love you so much" means as much if not more than a materialistic matter! I think you should get a babysitter and have a romantic night alone!
    Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 6:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009