Is it possible?

Is it possible that im a couple weeks further in my pregnancy then my doctors think?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's always possible but i really don't think a few weeks matter cause in the end some women have there babies two weeks early two weeks late it's just a waiting game.
    Anonymous

• Yes. They estimate based on baby's size on ultrasounds. Your due date is likely to change many times through your pregnancy...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• possible yes, likely, i guess that depends on your circumstnces. Medical technology is pretty advanced these days and pretty good and at giving us an accurate date of gestation but stranger things have happened and some factors can come into play like irregular periods prior to pregnancy etc
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes. Doctors usually base an edd on a womans last period but that can be difficult because not all women have a regular cycle every month. so they usually say that you can deliver 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after your edd. Hope that helped.
    spidermansmom

Answer by spidermansmom at 6:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My 1st due date for my DD was Nov. 31st, then it was dec 10th, then it was dec. 31st... i ended up having her deec 6th and she was 7lbs 4 oz...so yeah it can be off a little
    petalsoflove

Answer by petalsoflove at 6:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• They havent changed it. But my tummy has dropped so much its getting painful to walk and im only 35 1/2 weeks according to them.
    Jennyv143

Answer by Jennyv143 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes, my doctor has given me three differant dates. my first one was dec. 28 then my second one was jan 5th and my third one was jan 9
    Anonymous

• My due date never changed, and I was SURE it was wrong, but my daughter was born just a few days before it. All this to say, of course the due date they give you could be wrong, because nothing that has to do with the body is ever right every time in the medical world. But most likely, it's pretty darn close!
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes, according to me I'm 28 weeks, according to them I'm 25 even though that's just not possible (unless my husband and I have magic sperm and eggs) and I'm currently measuring at 24 weeks.

It's anybody's guess when I'm really due.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yeah. My doctor told me I was due March 4th, but they changed it to Feb 25th! I'm about 33 weeks and I've dropped A LOT. I can't walk anymore without wanting to cry and I can forget about wearing matching shoes at work! lol
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009