how much longer...

hey ladies i was just wondering how long it took you to go into labor after you hit 4 cm. i went into the doctors office today for my check-up and i was told that the baby had decended into the birth canal and that i was 4 cm. dialated. so i just wanted to know how much longer it might be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is really no way to know that. Some women can walk around at 4 cm for weeks.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 6:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yeah you can walk around at 4 cm for weeks, but im pretty sure baby is coming soon!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my friend was in active labor, and a 4 for a week lol.. early stages of labor, but still active. :) good luck. keep walking!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• could be weeks ... or hours everyone is diff mine went fast but my friend sara has been 3 cm for the past 5 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was at 4 cm foer a month and I had a job where I was constantly on my feet and I went into labor a short time but my lil man was breech so had to a do a c-section/not enough amnitotic fluid to flip him..
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 7:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Every pregnancy and everyone is different. With my first I had to be induced at 3 cm after being at 3 for 3 weeks. I had her 6 hours later. Then with my second I was at 2 for one week and from first contraction to delivery was one hour. I barely made it to the hospital! So you never know.
    kwork

Answer by kwork at 8:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009