daycare

My son has been going to a daycare/preschool since March, and of course something new always takes time for kids to adjust. My daughter went there and she always liked it. They tell me he is doing fine, and when I pick him up he's usually content. But what worries me is, on the bulletin board they put pictures of the kids every month, in every picture of my son, not one is he ever smiling or look happy. One of them he looked plain upset. At home he always loves his picture taken and is usually happy. Should I worry that he's not happy there? What should I do?

twigg74

Asked by twigg74 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ask him. It has been my experience that too many daycare providers will tell you your child is happy even when they are not because they see it as a direct reflection of their care.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Pop in and check out his day.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If something was wrong they wouldn't put it in plain site for you to see. He is more comfortable taking photos at home. It is why I take photos of kids at home in stead of a studio.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 7:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I agree...I even used to work for a daycare....just pop in and check. The daycare owner where I worked wouldnt "let us" tell the parents, but we would try to make comments to the parents. Some kids just dotn fit into the whole enviornment. It's not necessarily the provders problems, but may be, but could just be that they are overwhelmed with the ammount of kids, activities, etc. present,
    momofmn

Answer by momofmn at 9:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009