Do your kids have a TV in their room?

If so, how old are they and when are they allowed to have it on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 4 year old has a TV and DVD player in his room. He watches it whenever he wants to. I don't see what's the big deal with a kid having a TV. He's smart, he plays with learning toys, he is excellent on the computer, he gets outside often enough, he doesn't just sit and stare at the TV all day.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Nope. They can have a TV in their rooms when they move out on their own.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No, but she's only 8 mos old. Not really fair for me to answer.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes, all of mine do and they are 2 1/2, 4 1/2, and 5 1/2. They don't have any channels (no cable or satellite) only dvd players and are only allowed to watch it with permission.

It ends up being once a week or less. We usually all sit together to watch movies.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yup. Its in my 4 year olds room. I debated on letting it go in there for a long time. Well, first we put it in there just for movies and just for during quiet time for mommy. (Yes mommy with 3 kids still needs quiet time!) So my 2yo goes in there and watches movies too. We now have cable in that room too but it stays on the Disney Channel. Its just a small TV so I really dont see anything wrong with it now.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 6:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Nope and as far as Im concerned they wont ever have one.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Nope. They watch enough tv on the living room tv. I don't see it as being that necessary when they have other things to do.

FWIW, I don't have one in my room, either.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes, my daughter has a 52" flat screen plasma tv in her room, it is bigger than the one in our bedroom, but her grandparents bought it for her, she isnt allowed to watch it because she is 14 months old but occasionally i will put her in her crib and turn on a baby einsteins movie so I can take a quick shower!
    Anonymous

• Forgot to mention - my kids are 7 and 4.5.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yep. My kids are 3 (almost 4), 8, 15, 16 and 19. My 3 yr old has a small tv in her room that she uses mostly for her V-Smile or Dance cam or watching movies when my grandson is over. My 8 yr old has a small TV in his room again mostly for his game system and dvd player. My 15, and 16 yr old have 27 inch TV's in their room, entertainment centers, stereos, game systems, dvd players & laptops all hooked to cable. My 19 yr old had the same things and when she moved out she took them with her with my blessing. They are allowed to have them on after homework is done, dinner is over and if there are no chores to do.

Answer by gemgem at 6:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009