update on me going to the hospital...

:( false alarm. i guess. so disappointed and embarrassed too.

they said i wasnt leaking. it seems kind of weird to me though. i leaked a good amount at 3 separate times and i KNOW it was not urine. THe nurse also said i wasnt dilated yet last time they said i was? they also said i wasnt haveing ANY contractions but ive been having contractions for weeks. Doesnt that seem weird though? how do you go from being dilated then being NOT dilated?

im sure they are right i suppose, but i feel like something was left out idk...
im just disappointed i thought it meant she was coming and i got too far ahead of myself. :(

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was leaking and was told i wasnt but like a week later i had my daughter so they are not always right
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Don't beat yourself up over this! When I was pregnant for my daughter, I pretty much lived at the hospital lol*. I had no idea what to expect, and that is what they are their for! You didn't know any better, I mean how are you supposed to know if it was your water breaking? It's not something to me embarrased about! As for being dialated and then not dialated I have no idea on that one! Your baby will come soon enough!! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Ok I am going through the same thing since November. Except some will say that I am having contractions since they are registering since they show on the screen and others say they are not contractions. Some nurses/ docs say that my cervix wall is thinned and others say that it is thick. Some of them say that I am definately 2 cm and others say that if I am dialted it is 1 cm., then I have it is in the middle!! So I do not know what I am supposed to do!! I have a tilted uterus and cervix and my first baby was born through c section, so this is scheduled for a c sec on thursday next week!! I can't wait cause it HURTS!!!!
    MyGirls04_09

Answer by MyGirls04_09 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• its so WEIRD that they tell me i am dilated and then not.. t took her a while to find that out. she said my cervix was very far back so idk maybe she was just making a guess on what she thought? idk.
    im only embarassed cause i told family and stuff and they got all excited. i even cried LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm really nervous about having false alarms too...with my first daughter I was induced and I didn't have to guess on anything. This time, I can't just go to the hospital and get checked out when I think I'm in labor, I'm going to have to make arrangements for my daughter and stuff first so it is going to be crazy embarrassing if I'm not really in labor when I go. As far as the leaking...just because its not amniotic fluid doesn't mean its urine...I have had really watery discharge since I've been pregnant...and a lot of it. It might be that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• all I can say is that maybe the doctors are in disagreement about your dilation.. I mean when I was preg they told me I was 1cm dialated at a doc appt.. then a week later it was only a fingertip.. different doctors judge these things differently and they are doing it by feeling, they can't actually see and measure you. False labor is a little embarassing, yes.. but there's nothing wrong with making sure!! Next time maybe call your OB before going to the hospital. They would hook me up to the nonstress test to measure my contractions, and if anything happens they'll call an ambulance to get you to the hospital.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i went in on a monday thinking i was leaking and they said it was cervical mucus....thursday i felt the same way and it was my water....i still think i was leaking.. my friend whos a nurse said sometimes if it does rupture a little bit the sac can seal itself im guessing thats what happened to me
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I dont always listen to the hospitals either- for whatever reason those machines that track the contractions dont work on me- with my first pregnancy the hospital didnt pick up the contractions and since i was young they thought i didnt know what I was talking about so they brushed me and my "imagined" contractions off and then next thing we knew my water broke- come to find out the cervidil they gave me was causing my contractions to come too hard and fast and then that caused me to have an abruption- then with my second child i went in to labor 4 weeks early so when the machines again didnt pick up the contractions the hospital sent me home where i was in pain for the next 46 hours. when the pain became unbearable i went back to the hospital where they again said the machines werent picking up any contractions but when the doc checked me i was 7 cm dilated.
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i did call my dr first thanks.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009