Vinegar used for pet urine?

I heard that you can use vinegar to help remove pet urine stains and odors out of carpet. Is this true? If so, does it need to be diluted with water or anything else, and can apple cider vinegar work for the same cause? (Smells better to me lol) Thanks!

KrystleShaw2007

Asked by KrystleShaw2007 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pets

• I dont see why not use apple cider kind. I stopped using that for pet stains. I actually use windex now then spray diluted mouth wash on the area. I dont need it as much anymore but we had a puppy last year and she had a hard time potty training. Shes over it now. But yea I found that worked best and smelled best.

Answer by gemgem at 6:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I used apple cider vinegar but it stained my carpet...I have found a product that works very well..
    Lindhaus, pet stain off. It has over 80,000,000,000 live Bacterial/Enzymes
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Vinagar is the best ever! Works great.
    Anonymous

• Mouthwash really? I had never heard that before. Does it work so they don't urinate in that area again? That's my biggest problem besides the smell.
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• The mouthwash just makes it not smell bad. I know there are products that work to keep them from using the same spot. I had the same problem. By the time I started researching products to stop it she was fully trained (thank god) lol. Now the only time we have a problem is if I dont wake up early enough to take her outside. Since I have a small child its rarely a problem lol.

Answer by gemgem at 6:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• For some reason it's my cats I'm having issues with. I JUST cleaned the cat box and woohoo another pee spot on something else LOL. I will try the mouthwash for sure for the smell. Thanks a bunch!
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009