Were you really far along in your preg when you found out about it?

I see these things on TV where these women are really far along in their pregnancy when they find out about it. Some don't even know until they're in labor. Usually because they're already a bit overweight and have other medical problems that could pass as symptoms.

Were you far along when you found out?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not at all lol i think i was 4 weeks 6 days
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• With my first I was told I miscarried and I didnt think anything else about being pregnant. I was pretty tiny though and started noticing that I had a belly. I really freaked out. I was 17 btw. I thought maybe I had a tumor or something. I went back to the dr at almost 5 mths and they said I hadnt miscarried. That was the furthest along I was with any of my 5. After that I knew right away LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well, I was seven weeks. That's almost two months along, I guess when you look at it in a months-perspective, being pregnant for two months before finding out is kind of freaky O.o Who knows what I did in those first seven weeks, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am very much over weight before pregnancy (bp). I found out at 10 weeks with my first child and 5 weeks with this pregnancy! However, my cousin's wife has had 5 kids only being aware of one pregnancy before 6 months along!! So it depends on your body my cousin had her period the whole time. I spot the first month but I am so irregular with my periods I just feel any disruption with my body!! I can feel a hair on my back while wearing a shirt, so I am sensative!!
    MyGirls04_09

Answer by MyGirls04_09 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I saw that show on TLC I think - I cannot imagine not knowing you were pregnant until going into labor! I found out a little late with my first (like 7 or 8 weeks). WIth the twins my doctor did a blood test to confirm a day or two before I was 4 weeks.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• With all 3 of mine I was about 4 weeks along when I found out. I guess it was a gut feeling each time. I have heard of people not knowing for a few months that they were pregnant. Scary though some people might actually make it through the whole thing without knowing.
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was only 3 weeks when I found out. I had been trying for a while but did not think I was because I had no symptoms. I woke up at 3am with the urge to test for some reason. I did and got my BFP. I was really shocked.
    Kellyboot

Answer by Kellyboot at 6:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I found out within 2 weeks of conception with both pregnancies, but I had a CafeMom friend who didn't find out until she was 8 months along. I don't think she's on here anymore, though, but I was always amazed that you could be SO pregnant before knowing! I read either a Question or a journal on here not long ago where several women were talking about being pretty far along when they found out. It happens apparently more often than I ever realized!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 6:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i dont know anyone personally, but i've heard stories. someones neighbor didnt know until she was in labor she was in so much pain and she went to the ER and they told her she was having a baby right now! and another lady didnt find out until 6 weeks before her due date because she got a period every month... oh and another story i heard was that some lady was walking around the mall and when she got in her car she felt the urge to push and had a baby, but i dont believe that one because theres no way you can walk through the end contractions.... well maybe but it'd be painful right?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was only about 4-5 weeks.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009