how many of u have pregnant girlfriends that do this to you?

I am pregnant and so are some of my friends. I had invitro and while I was going through all of this a few of them got pregnant. Everytime they ask me a ? They answer it for me and continue to talk about them. I hate it. Today on of them asked me where I was registed. I replied @ babies R us. I said I don't need much I have almost everything for the baby. This was her reply back to me. Yeah I am set to but I am getting ready to have my second baby shower and I am pretty sure I will get lots of clothes for Kylie. I already had 20 people RSVP for my 2nd shower and by the way check out the picture I have of my new baby room. should I say something to my girlfriends of should I keep my mouth shut?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would very politely state your concern. I had a friend go to the doctor with me and whenever I was asked a question, she would reply. Then talk about her baby.
    Anonymous

• im sorry but i do not see how it is rude. maybe im missing something?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh I have a friend that does this constantly even outside of pregnancy. It doesn't matter what I've got going on in my life, she's got to "one up" it or turn the conversation back to her. Its exhausting!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Im not getting it either, sounds like a conversation lol.

Answer by gemgem at 6:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I understand. My cousin asked me to host her baby shower while I was doing fertility treatments (I actually had a miscarriage right about that time too). I don't know what you can do about people being selfish.
    Anonymous

• LOL I think a lot of pregnant women go through this. She is probably just really excited about her pregnancy as well. If it really bothers you though you can always avoid that kind of conversation around her or bring it up to her. Of course there are always people that have to "one up" you as well. It's terrible and sometimes you want to just smack them LOL Most of the time they are just trying to help though. Pregnancy gets people excited anf everyone has to share :)
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• They're probably just excited. I remember when I was pregnant EVERYTHING pissed me off. I mean I couldn't talk to ANYONE. You might be a little over sensitive right now. Try not to say anything you regret and avoid annoying situations until after the baby is born (a few weeks after actually because you'll be exhausted and hormonal!).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• just excited them self why not have a new mommy day with them all you preggos get together and go out to lunch and talk about what you all are going threw
    Anonymous

• i think they are excited i mean you arent the only one pregnant they are too ... and yes my girlfriends are pregnant with me too 2 of them are closer one is due like tomorrow and the other is due in a month then i have 3 others that are pregnant with me and we all do it we are all excited for OUR baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• your pregnant.. say what you want!! You can always tell them after you blurt out "can you shut up already!!' what you really meant to say and why it bothers you and etc etc, but I know I would have said something if any of my preggo friends were ranting about it when they were talking to me!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009