Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get out of this mentally abusive relationship?

Im currently in a relationship with my triplets father. During my pregnacy I was put on bedrest at 20 wks &hospitalized & during that time my lanlord evicted, 2months past due rent.After we came home from hospital had to move in with his brother.Since we moved here hes ignored me,shows me no respect,actually came out and told me he doesnt care& now his brother found out my 16 yr. old is pg. & said she has 2 go.Im so mentally exhausted,he does not help financially.The car he has he doesnt let us use & makes us walk.I want out this is horrible,his brother is going aroung ignoring us & slamming doors,like he hates us here.My mother has offered to send me $500 to get out. IDK what step to take 1st,either get a reliable car, or the house. I just dont want to be stuck with no car like i am now.No Family or friends that can stay with. Plus have already used every resourse i can. Plus there are 6 of us.

Answer Question

Asked by MomOfTriplets08 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Are you married to this guy? If you leave, you'd have to file for custody of the triplets, and you can also get child support.

    Answer by rhope4 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • If I were you I would apply for low income housing to start off with... that way you can have money to get a car and what not. Also look around because I have heard of donations for situations like this, maybe you can find some one willing to donate a cheap vehcile. Just start looking into things... there's a lot more out there for help then most people will ever realize.


    Answer by dtetz at 10:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.