I am head over heals for this guy but I am having a real hard time accepting how him and his ex wife interact. She constantly calls and butts into our business. What can I do to reset my frame of mind. Am I acting crazy?

he has 2 children with his ex. She calls at all hours. Text him ect. Drives me nuts!

StrongButInLove

Asked by StrongButInLove at 6:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to step back and realize that if you want to be with this guy, she is part of the deal. Learn to live with it or get out.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Look at it like this. The only conversation me and my ex have is through lawyers and under oath in court LOL. We cannot STAND each other. I cant even stand the sight of him. It is so bad the judge even put it in her last court order she has never seen two people who loathe each other more. That has cost us both at least $20k in court fees because we cannot talk to each other without jabbing each other or making snide comments. He has slashed my tires, stalked me with a video camera and so much more. Sooooooo count your blessings? LOL atleast they can talk to each other without spitting. And if the texts and calls at all hours bother you tell him.
    Anonymous

• let him know it bothers you. but also try and look at it as a good sign that he's able to remain friends with his ex. my ex and i were on good terms for a long time. we'd talk and email all the time. now we can't stand each other. he pulled some really stupid stunts and it totally changed my view of him. it was certainly easier on everyone when we got along well.
    Anonymous

• i agree withh wimsey. but my advise is to get out. if she is always doing this and he isnt standing up to her to make a comfortable place for u , u will always b behind the kids and her. thats #3 in the line. he might feel free to just stick someone else ahead of u too. he needs to treat u like u r the most important thing to him especially because he does have so many responsibilities. he is a dad and an ex, but u need to b important to him too. dont accept a place that will always cause u pain. i dont think u r important if he acts that way, imo.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone for your advise. I did talk with him last night. There was a little yelling, a little silence and a little crying from the both of us. He tried to say that I was over exagerating UNTIL he recieved 3 text messages from her. It was about the girls (they needed something that was left at the house) so I didnt say much. I didnt need to. We both have agreed to be more open minded. When we got back from dropping off their stuff the phone instantly rang. Of course, it was her wondering if she should give one of the kids cough medicine. At that moment he was very short with her and said that her consistant calling makes me feel uncomfortable. At first I was upset because I seem like the bad guy. But atleast he is trying to make her understand that she doesnt need to call several times each day. I guess thats a start...
    StrongButInLove

Answer by StrongButInLove at 9:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If his ex was a recent ex I would back away a bit because you might just end up getting hurt... rebound is a very real thing!

dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• They have been divorced for 2 years. Very true though. I have been there.
    StrongButInLove

Answer by StrongButInLove at 12:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009