What does an ovary cyst feel like?

I wasn't sure where to post the question but for the past 2 weeks or so I've had on and off cramping as if I was on my period and my lower back has been hurting too. It's how I would feel If I was on my period and I'm not suppose to start till sunday. My husband and I have had sex ,we used the pull out method and I know you can still get pregnant from that but I don't think I'm pregnant, I think it's something else. I never cramp this early,its always the day before and the day of my period and plus the other night when my Husband and I had sex it kindof hurt towards the lower part of my stomach tmi i know but what are some of your suggestions as what you think it could be? Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• There might be a cyst, or maybe endometriosis. As your ovaries move after ovulation, it could be tugging on endometrial tissue outside your uterus, attached to the ovaries. That could cause cramping.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I suffer from cysts on my ovaries, mainly my right ovary. I always cramp, but in my case, it's always on the side with the cyst, and they don't always feel like menstrual cramps. But if you have a feeling that's what it is, keep on. It took me over a year for the doctor to find them, and it was when they burst, which isn't fun.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have suffered from cysts for the last 16 years of my life. They are incredibly painful. When they rupture the pain is HORRIBLE. The cyst will usually appear around the time of ovulation and can rupture at any point. If you think that you have these then you may need to see our gyn and look into some BC pills to help make them less prevalent and less painful.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009