The video games made me do it...

Do you agree that a video game can cause a child/teen to kill a parent or another human being for that matter b/c they see similar images being portrayed as in the case of 17 yr old, Daniel Petric?

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 7:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, it's just one more way for people to deflect responsibility. Just like I don't believe Judas Priest or Ozzy made those kids commit suicide.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Only if the child is already extremely mentally disturbed. In the normal average kid, No not at all.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• For those of you who are unfamiliar with this case, here is the link.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5512446.ece
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 7:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• no it cant .. its not the games movies tv nothing its the lazy ass parents thtat decide to let those things raise their children
    Anonymous

• I don't believe that it can be the sole cause for a child or teen to commit murder.

I grew up playing violent video games because I have an older brother who plays violent video games. Grand Theft Auto is one of my favorites. Am I violent or murderous or weird or effed up or mean spirited? Nope, I'm happy and well-adjusted =] Anyone that takes video games that far out of context is mentally messed up.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes. I think seeing all that violence cheapens life. I won't be purchasing those games for my kids. The most violent we get is "Marble Madness" and "Tetris."
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Absolutely not-I think its ridiculous that people use this as an excuse.

Some people are just straight up crazy IMO.
    Anonymous

• However, to answer more to my answer above, I won't buy those games for my kids. I don't think it will make them become murderers, but I do think it can be a bad influence, and alter the way they view somethings.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No way i don't believe it at all... they would have to have some mental issue which the parents would have known...

i blame the parents for letting those KIDS play games like that... where is the parental control?

i play GTA all the time and my husband has a xbox 360 and my little and big brother play games... they dont make them want to kill anyone..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i think if the child see this all the time and isn't taught right from wrong could be told it's ok to do things like that. someone that is already mentally unstable.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009