Just curious...

My son has been on anitbiotics for about a week and he has been extremely mean spirited lateley, pulling the dogs' hair, throwing things hitting people etc. A lady that I know said it may be because of the antibiotics; has anyone else ever heard of or experienced this before?

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's possible or if could just be a phase or the stress of the illness.
    Check www.webmd.com for other people's reviews of the medicine he is taking.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Maybe it's because of whatever infection he has?

When my kids are sick they're grumpy.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• He is not feeling well. That's why he is like that.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well he seems to be feeling better, no more symptoms anyway, he's just being mean
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm inclined to say it's simply because he's not feeling well. Let him know you're sorry he's not feeling well but that it doesn't mean he can pull the dog's tail, hit people, etc. Then give him a big hug and try to distract him with a favorite toy.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have a two year old in my house who is ill with this flu. She is taking antibiotics and she is mean to the dogs, her sisters and brother. These kids are going through a divorce and they are all in pain. It breaks my heart. When they misbehave, I put them in the naughty chair and leave them there for one minuter for every year old they are. They are then asked to apologize to the person they hurt and asked to say they won't do it again and if they do, it's back in the chair. So far it's working on the older kids. The two year old won't go unless we lead her to it. When children are sick, they tend to act out, even if they feel better. God Bless. pommom335
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009