Marriage

Three questions!
If you are married - What would it take for you to end your marriage?
Do you believe you should be married when you have a child?
And.... Do you believe that a kid needs both parents to grow up right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Adultery.
    It depends but I think it's generally a good idea.
    I think it's the ideal scenario if the parents aren't incompetent or insane!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• 1. All it took was waking up to life being too short to be miserable.
    2. No.
    3. No. There are lots of messed up kids that come from two-parent households. That doesn't guarantee anything.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Not married yet--but cheating would cause me to walk out of any relationship

I don't believe that parents should be married when you have a child--we didn't

I don't believe that a child needs two parents to develop properly--I didn't have a dad and neither did my SO and I think that is why we work so hard to work things out with each other.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• End my marriage of 20 years. I find out he had an affair, or he starts mentally and physically abusing me. Be married just because I have a kid,NO. Kids need both parent to grow up right,NO.

It would be a plus if both parents were their, but not necessary

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Death would end it!
    Being committed in Love
    If both want to do that & will Be the Best for any Child is Good! You don't need two. It may make it easier..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• 1-it would take death and/or an affair emotional OR physical, abuse in any form towards myself or my children..or anyone for that matter.
    2-Yes I believe you should be married when you have a child
    2.1- also believe you should be married before you have sex so..~shrugs~ that sorta takes care of the first part of that answer.
    3-Yes I think children need a 2 parent household however if the dynamics of that 2 person household are not healthy then I think 1 is fine.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• What would it take for you to end your marriage?

If my DH murdered someone close to me then the marriage might be over. When we got engaged we both agreed that divorce was not an option. if times get hard we will work them out. We'll go through a year of marriage counseling before we give up on each other.
    I believe that it's better to be married before you have a child. but certianly not necessary.
    I believe that both parents helps a kid grow up more complete. This is coming from a 3rd child of a single mom with 4 kids. But to say that they NEED both parents might be taking it a bit far.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm not married.. but if I was
    cheating would be all it would take
    I don't believe you should have to be married to have a child.. I planned to be a single mother from the day I thought about having children. My dad did it and he did great.. my mom remarried and we don't really talk anymore
    .. and to enforce the above.. no I don't think children need 2 parents to be 'ok'. I'm fine.. I had 3 and 2 of them I can't stand!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• and to add to that.. if I or any of my kids were being abused that would be another great reason to get out of a relationship, married or not
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• 1.I think marriage should be like the vows say.. till death do us part. Almost any problem can be fixed. But some situations just call for divorce.
    2.Today hardly anyone is married when they have children, myself being one of them. As long as there is a commitment to the child it souldn matter.
    3. All a child needs is at least one parent to grow up right. Both parents would be better but it doesn't ensure a better child
    jjsmommi5

Answer by jjsmommi5 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009