is it hard to gain full custody

I am going to be going through a custody battle and I want and need full custody not only for my childrens safty but for there future. How can I prove this in court will the judge understand? please help me

angiew1987

Asked by angiew1987 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you have joint/shared custody at this time and if so...who is the primary care provider? How old are the children?

It will make a big difference in knowing the full situation as to how to handle it. Sometimes the courts will appoint a guardian who will interview and visit both families and with the children and represent the child's best interest. This does cost money. You will also need to get a lawyer regardless....this is not something you should try on your own. All the little details play a part in custody cases....it is never cut and dry and simple.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Do you have an attorney?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009