How soon after Obama gets in office do you think he'll repeal "Don't ask Don't tell"? (New article out)

There's a new article out about it:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479952,00.html

When do you think it will happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I knew it would happen soon as he announced a gay something or another (minister?) was officiating him
    Anonymous

• I think this is the least of his problems and won't happen for a while. He has bigger things to worry about.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It's a bad idea for him to do that... Army guys dont play that gay shit.. there're not gonna shower and sleep next to a gay guy... it anit gonna happen
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i think he might stick with it. I'm behind him let the gays be free!!!!
    Anonymous

• He may repeal that issue, and then we can start seeing news reports about Jaime getting beat to death in boot camp.
    Anonymous

• JuLiAnSmOmMy317 - You crack me up !!!! lol I think all guys would not want to take showers with gay men either. lol I don't trust Obama so I'm not sure what he will do .
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Juliansmommy, you do realize that there are thousands of gays in the military already, don't you?

My hubby was SF in the AF. There were a few homosexual people he worked with, and just because they didn't go around announcing they were gay doesn't mean that they're still not there. Plus, there's plenty of "Army guys" who "tolerate" gay men and women within their ranks, as they should.

I don't think Obama will do anything about this anytime soon. He seems to have put enough on his plate already.
    Anonymous

• My husband is in the Army he says having Gays in the military is one thing, having Gays and knowing they are is completely different. He would not be comfortable with it. Actually most military like it the way it is. IF Obama does something about it I HOPE he considers talking to people in the military before he decides on this CHANGE!

But like I said before this is a small issue compared to the economy and middle east
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I hope it's done right away, I was so pissed at Clinton for approving it. Sadly, with everything else going on and political pressure I fear he will cave like Bill did.

Does anyone have a clue how many Arabic interpreters we lost due to this stupid policy? Maybe we could have caught OBL before 9/11 happened.

LINK

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Friday: From what the artical says they did not have enough interpreters to begin with... I live on a pretty big military base and have not heard or a witchhunt going on for gays in the military here. Like I said, I think it should be up to the people it will affect most: Military Service Members.
    If Obama will ask them as a whole and get a majority vote that way on the Don't ask Don't Tell then I will have a whole new opinion on him
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009