Has anyone used Good Start Natural Cultures Formula

I breastfeed & formula feed because my supply has lessen since starting back at work, I do pump at work it just isn't the same as when I was home. I started her out on Similac liquid but she didn't like it, we switched to Enfamil DHA&ARA w/ Iron liquid but it made her fussy & gassy, we were recommended to try Soy, she's done well with the Enfamil Soy liquid but it gets expensive, so we tried the Enfamil Soy powder and she spit up like crazy maybe because I didn't gradually change her over from liquid to powder, so we are back to liquid but I really want to try powder again. Good Start Natural Cultures was suggested, so I was wondering if anyone has used it? Also, if you have any suggestion on how to increase my breastmilk supply, I am all ears, it's weird it seems like my left breast produces more than my right one.

Thanks!

MamaRaq

Asked by MamaRaq at 7:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• To increase supply I would try pumping right after you nurse--and at work I would cluster pump on a lunch break--10 on and 10 off this has helped my supply immensely. I don't know about the formula we use enfamil gentle ease it works best for us--all others come back up--not spit up that is normal but all the way up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would also try using some fenugreek, blessed thistle and some mothers milk tea. also check out the exclusively pumping group they will be able to help more.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I used that with my second baby, and he could not poop when he had it. And when he did poop, it was too big for him to push out on his own and caused him to break out in sweats and scream. I hated it. We used the regular Good Start, in the orange can and that was great.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my daughter has used that formula before, now shes on the good start DHA/ARA. for her, it made no difference. she went from enfamil, to good start cause thats what WIC gave you
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I used the natural cultures for a few days with my daughter and she had awfull diareah on it. but his/her tummy might just be getting upset from so much switching good luck...
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You should try to pump more at work if your job will allow it, that might help increase your supply. You can also buy a pump that you can wear under your shirt if your job give you a hard time about more pumping breaks. Whisper wear make one and possibly medela. Good luck
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• as far as the bf i have no answer since i was unable to, however both of my girls were/are on soy. the first had to do the liguid enfamil stuff because she would not tolerate the powder sfuff. the second started on breastmilk till we realized i didn't have what she needed only the foremilk came in, so we switched her to similiac advanced, realized she was allerigic to milk, went to isomil was still extremely fussy so then tried the nestle good start worked like a charm but it got very expensive as well 26 bucks for the big can so at 6 months of age after doing a month of research i found that the targe brand is the most similar and she has done wonderful on it.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 11:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Where do I get/find this stuff: fenugreek, blessed thistle and some mothers milk tea.
    MamaRaq

Answer by MamaRaq at 12:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Good Start is AWESOME. I use the DHA/RA- orange can. Target and Babies R US sell the bonus sized cans. We went from Enfamil, to Similac to Good Start. Our baby had surgery on her esophogus and was treated for acid reflux- this formula is GREAT.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Oh- and you can sign up on Nestle's web site and get coupons in the mail from 1-8 dollars.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2009