9 month sleeping problems

my daughter is 9 months old & is playing this game with me too! she falls asleep at 8:30pm (i try to keep her up later but can't) but she needs to be PUT to sleep either by bottle or soothing. then when I am ready for bed around 10-11 she wakes up just as a fall asleep like clock work. I feed her again then she sometimes sleeps thru the night or wakes up every couple of hours (no bottle after midnight) but she needs me to put her to sleep if i put her in her crib when shes a little awake she screams bloody murder with tears all over the place I hate it but she just doesnt calm herself down what do I do. She is a good napper during the day is that a problem? I know shes teething & if shes nawing I try to give her Motrin before bed.. I need help its killing me.

madisonsmom419

Asked by madisonsmom419 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It all sounds normal, to me.. I'm not sure what you think the problem is here?
    Why don't you give her a bottle after midnight? If she's hungry, shouldn't she be allowed to eat?
    I understand you're tired, but this is what you signed up for when you decided to have a baby.. There are no "magic tricks" to make your baby sleep all night without waking..
    The best things you can do to help get more sleep are breastfeed and co-sleep.. But as you chose formula instead, you're going to have to resign yourself to getting up to make bottles..
    Co-sleeping could possibly help her stay asleep for longer, though- babies tend to sleep better next to mama.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Geeees PP; a little judgemental aren't we?? Not everyone can be a "perfect mom" like you.

My 8 month old was pulling that here recently. I think part of it is teething, part of it is growing, and part of it is testing you. We finally started waiting a few minutes to go check on our son and he usually ends up falling back asleep. I also have to put him to bed by giving him a bottle while I rock him. At this age, an 8oz bottle is enough to get them to sleep through the night. Have you tried offering a pacifier(I was initially against it, but it works for my son). You might also limit his nap time during the day. My son only naps around 1hour in the am and again in the pm. Keep any afternoon naps to less than 1 hour. Good Luck (and don't mind snooty moms like PP)!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my kids were breastfed and i would gently take them out of the crib around 10:00 and feed them, they would stay sleeping and that way they were topped up for the night. I have heard it works the same for bottlefed babies too. Worth a try! If she is teething she is probably needing the extra comfort from you too, do you give her anything for pain sometimes infant tylenol can give some relief.
    javatime

Answer by javatime at 10:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009